Bury Grammar School was first endowed by Henry Bury in 1634 and was re-endowed by the Revd Roger Kay in 1726. There is a good deal of civic pride in the school and its history - and not least in the school's historic links with the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers. A local girls' school joined Bury Grammar School at the beginning of the twentieth century. The Girls' School is now on the site previously occupied by Bury Grammar School. The Boys' School crossed the road to its current site in the 1960s.
Find out more, visit: History, Character and Values